[thelist] Hiveware email address encoder

Steve Lewis nepolon at worlddomination.net
Fri Jul 25 18:54:03 CDT 2003

rudy wrote:

>the answer:  don't use a mailto link, find some other way to communicate
>your email address
>
>for example, this is one situation where text-as-gif is a great idea

I just have to troll this one....
    Where is the accessability unless you put the address in the alt
tag? At which time it will be picked up by bots.  ;)

Even if I can see the image clearly enough to read it, I can't copy and
paste and I cant click the addy.  That is gonna start to stink when this
lazy American wants to send you valuable feedback. :)

What are you, the White House or something?
(http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/living/6330165.htm)

<tip type="xslt">
Use of  <xsl:copy-of select="."/> can save you time when trying to
figure out why that test failed or why that select is not giving you the
node set you expected.  Just be careful because copy-of provides a deep
copy, not just the current node.
</tip>