[thelist] rentacoder.com

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Jul 28 11:57:35 CDT 2003

eBay has a system for this kinda thing, has anyone tried that? Presumably
suppliers bid downwards until the lowest wins (inevitably zero) .. am I
guessing right?
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

All this talk about renting geeks has made me think about the whole idea in
general a bit. The way prices drop and your comment here (inevitably zero)
makes sense for someone who's just trying to get experience. I hardly see
these types of sites catering to people who actually need them to stay
alive, literally, but more for high school students who think peanuts are a
million bucks. I know I did back then when I got $15 for a piece of artwork
in "The Big Green" - Disney 1995

I personally think they're great if you want to make a few bucks on the side
or learn your children the way of the web developer. But seriously, I'd
never go to these for a real income; way too unpredictable. I'd rather be
the guy behind the rent a geek website.

Rob.Smith
Geekus Maximus III 3/4