[thelist] PHP PEAR tutorials/hosting

David Bindel dbindel at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 29 00:25:32 CDT 2003

I've been looking into implementing several PEAR packages in a product
I'm developing.  I'm already using the DB abstraction class, but that's
only because database functions are pretty much straightforward.  The
rest of the packages' documentation that I've looked at are pretty
cryptic and non-explanatory and offer short, non-descriptive examples on
rare occasions.

Is there an easier-to-read resource for learning how to use PEAR
packages than the PEAR documentation (http://pear.php.net)?

Also, does anyone know if many hosting providers have installed PEAR on
their servers yet, or is this not very widespread yet?

Thanks,
David

--
    David I. Bindel