[thelist] CSS in NN7 - link appearance

Jan Davies janimonkey at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 11:46:38 CDT 2003

Hi all

I'm a newbie with question that I'm sure has a really obvious answer but I
just can't work it out.  I can't seem to get Netscape 7.0 (or 6.0) to
display my styles for links.  I've tried it on several machines (and on Mac)
but it only displays the colors designated in Preferences > Appearances >
Colors > Link Colors , regardless of whether or not "use colors specified by
the web page" is ticked.  However other people's web pages seem to override
this without using " !important " declaration (which I don't use).    How
can I get around this?  Please excuse me if I'm asking something really
obvious.  Thanks.