[thelist] PHP Based file download system.

Tanner Burson tanner at younet.okstate.edu
Tue Jul 29 12:47:39 CDT 2003

I have been charged with designing and implementing a large web based
file download system.  It needs to restrict users from downloading a
file more than once and track some basic usage stats.  This part is easy
and I can easily handle.

My problem is dealing with incomplete downloads.  If a user is only
allowed to download a file once, how do I track a completed download?
Should I just go with a timestamp based system where a user has X amount
of time to get the file?  Any help would be much appreciated.