[thelist] slightly ot: color anomaly in digital pictures

Scott Harman scott at enteractiontv.com
Tue Jul 29 16:45:16 CDT 2003

Movie "The Net" Sandra Bullock...

can you shoot against a matt while piece of paper in regular mode, then
again in macro without moving the camera (mount it on a mini ped)  do a
pixel by pixel comparison -
will tell you whether it's a dead pixel group on the ccd or dust inside the
lens (most likely)
because you're shifting the focal point in such a vast way, it should
highlight the problem.

If it's dust inside the housing, it will have to be sent back and cleaned
properly (easier for them to replace it and recon the unit)

I've had this a couple of times with broadcast lenses whether light airblown
dust makes it into the lens, and the vendor simply replaced it (looks bad
for them) mind u - was a £12000 lens!