[thelist] Radio button tab problem

Rich Gray rich at f1central.net
Wed Jul 30 04:00:28 CDT 2003

I have a form which requires grouped radio buttons i.e. only 1 button in the
group can be selected at any one time.

Now when an IE user uses the tab key to navigate the form it will only tab
to either the 1st button (if none are selected) or the selected button so it
is impossible to tab between all the radio buttons on the form. It seems to
work OK with Opera and Mozilla but not with IE. I can give each radio button
a different name and IE will then tab happily between the buttons but that
breaks the grouping...

Any workarounds without using JavaScript?

TIA
Rich