[thelist] Favourite email clients anyone?

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Jul 30 10:49:14 CDT 2003

if you apply the patches/updates and
> change the security zone it runs in to restricted (and
> disabled anything remotely ugly in that zone),
> outlook/outlook express is just as secure as any other mail
> client.  i've been running it for 5+ years now and have
> *never* had a virus.
>
> .jeff

I have to second that. As a sysadmin, I keep my patches up to date and
my security tight, and I have *never* had a virus on my home network
during the years I've used Outlook, starting with the first version on
Win98. It *does* take a bit of maintenance and effort, but since it's
the client of choice in nearly every corporate environment in the
English-speaking world, it's worth being familiar with.

spinhead