[thelist] Site review please.

Janet Green JGreen at desmoinesmetro.com
Thu Jul 31 09:42:26 CDT 2003

Tony, a couple of comments. First, I like the way you've organized the information - I personally found the navigation very easy to use, and was impressed with the depth of content in each area. The graphic across the top, and the way in which the highlighted image changes as you move around the various sections, is beautiful.

I also like the "switch level" option in the upper right, however when you switch to Explorer level, the "Beginner" option disappears. It would be nice if one could switch *back* to Beginner if they wish.

In many of the pages you have a notation at the bottom to "select a subclassification." This might be strictly a cultural language difference (so ignore me if it is!), but the word "subclassification" sounds almost too scientific and formal for this situation in my opinion. "Subcategory" would sound friendlier, if I am understanding the meaning correctly.

You also frequently state, "There's games here too!" Since "There's" is a contraction of "there is," and since games is plural, "There is games here too!" is grammatically incorrect. It should read, "There are games here too!"

I really like this site - it allows you to "explore" a region and its cast of characters in a very engaging way, instead of taking the usual "Our History" route. Very nice job!
Janet