[thelist] Apache: Fun with error docs + tip

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Fri Aug 1 22:56:52 CDT 2003

hi,
<----- Original Message -----
<From: "Frank" <lists at frankmarion.com>
<404, request a page that doesn't exist.
<500?
<Other?

i just happen to have a screen with a +-4000 page sample open here, so:

       200                 3366 OK
       300                    3 Multiple Choices
       301                  31 Moved Permanently
       302                  228 Moved Temporarily
       304                  183 Not Modified
       401                    5 Unauthorized
       403                    1 Forbidden
       404                   61 Not found
       415                   37 Unsupported Media Type
       500                    6 Internal Server Error
       503                   43 Service Unavailable
       504                    7 Gateway Timeout

As to causing them to happen, you should be able to do most with a .htaccess
file, but a simple perl script would be easier:
Now let me see, I have that somewhere too...

#!/usr/bin/perl
use CGI;
$req=new CGI;
print $req->header(-type=>'text/html',
                     -status=>'200 OK');

replace the 200 OK with the other values, as needed.

Richard.