[thelist] ASP - Variables & Security

burgan at iprimus.com.au burgan at iprimus.com.au
Mon Aug 4 00:50:29 CDT 2003

From: Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Subject: Re: [thelist] ASP - Variables & Security

Perhaps you could give a few more details about this "security flaw"
What exactly is "secure" that is able to be exploited via the alleged
"flaw"?

I'm not sure how it can be a security problem myself - I just think I've
read somewhere that if a variable is declared on a page and then it is not
assigned a value, then that could be a potential problem. I assume this is
because a "hacker" has the potential to do something damaging with that
unassigned variable.

I guess I'm wondering if other have heard about this - or if my mind's just
trying to make stuff up again.

Tim