[thelist] IE6 doesnt like spacer gifs?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Mon Aug 4 01:47:08 CDT 2003

At 11:05 PM 8/3/2003, Jeff Howden wrote:
>Subject: RE: [thelist] IE6 doesnt like spacer gifs?

I've been thinking bout this problem since we first saw it several months
ago. I'm beginning to think that IE has some problem with "undersized" gifs
or super small images in general.

This is pure speculation, but I wonder if you added more "weight" (e.g.
made the spacer.gif larger) that the problem would go away.

Like the friendly error messages that can appear when your custom error
pages are under a specific size, I'm thinking that IE has a broken routine
that fails at times because the spacer.gif is under a specific size.

Pure guess work, but I'm going to try it out tomorrow if I have time. If
anyone else tries this idea, let everyone here know the results.

---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys