[thelist] serverside converter mp3-->real audio

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Mon Aug 4 09:32:43 CDT 2003

At 05:47 AM 8/4/2003, elin tjerngren. artopod wrote:

>Does anyone know of an audio converter (mp3 to real audio) that can be
>placed as a cgi-program (or such)?
>I'm looking for a way to let people upload files in mp3 files to a server
>(site already built in PHP) and out comes a link to a real audio file.

Most RealServers should let you stream MP3s. But if you don't have a
RealServer all you need is an RM file to point to the MP3 file
appropriately. We create RM files for each MP3 we host for our client's
Board & Committee Meetings. You could easily create the RM file on the fly
when the file is successfully uploaded, they are only text files.

e.g. Meeting.rm

         http://www.foo.org/audio/Meeting.mp3

Then use the RM file in the link on the page, let the RealAudio Client do
the rest.

--
Anthony Baratta
President