[thelist] Charging for copyrights

Norman MacLeod gaelwolf at waypt.com
Mon Aug 4 11:23:57 CDT 2003

I've always used the "best practice" of telling my clients up front that
THEY automatically own all copyright to the site content, graphics, and
photography.  The only place I will prefer to hold copyright is for original
(done by my firm) programming included in the site.

I think there's something a bit unethical about having a client hand over
their graphics, photos, and content drafts, and then telling them that
somehow you, as the web team, own their work.

	Norman