[thelist] Apache: Batch file with input?

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Mon Aug 4 12:16:59 CDT 2003

At 01:00 PM 2003-08-04 -0400, you wrote:
>But, if you can accept making a bath file that is called like:

Sorry, I'm new with .bat files, so perhaps my explanation isn't all that
clear. The above is much closer, though I'm assuming that .bat files are
like *nix shell script. I've got a shortcut in my quick launch bar. When I
click on it, I want it to open a prompt that behaves a bit like this

Enter user name:
         <I enter my user name>
Enter password:
         <I enter my password>
Enter your directory
         <I enter my directory>

Feedback: Done.

Then I dismiss the DOS window.  The reason I wanted to "remember variables"
was that the variables are <what I enter>. (Does that make sense?)

I'm absolutely not concerned with error checking and so forth.  The purpose
was specifically to avoid long lines as the one you've presented, or of
having to type in apache's command directly each and every single time. I
simply want a rudimentary UI that I can fly though and forget. Or am I
missing the idea behind batch files altogether?

--
Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.