[thelist] IE6 doesnt like spacer gifs?

Roger Ly evolt at matchpenalty.com
Mon Aug 4 14:27:03 CDT 2003

>I've been thinking bout this problem since we first saw it several
months
>ago. I'm beginning to think that IE has some problem with "undersized"
gifs
>or super small images in general.

I was thinking about that, but in a test, we replaced our 43 byte spacer
gif with a 13KB gif, and the same problems occurred.  1x1 or 200x120
pixels - both failed.

Again, since the browser doesn't even request the image from the server,
I doubt that image size has anything to do with it.

I've cleared my cache, and even on the first request to the page, the
image isn't even requested so IE definitely doesn't know the size of the
image, and the server isn't even being asked to send it down.

Roger