[thelist] [sql] location of conditional

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Aug 4 21:35:57 CDT 2003

No... :-(  I was hoping you'd enlighten me.

Now that I think of it, it wouldn't make a difference in INNER JOINS except
that it might dictate what order the db engine actually does the filtering,
which could make a profound difference depending on the indexes and the
percentage of rows to be excluded.  I guess a good optimizer would make this
a moot point.

It seems, though, that in an OUTER join the location of the conditional
could make a big difference?  Wrong?  Right?

-joshua