[thelist] Can you open a url with a cgi script?

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 5 17:17:27 CDT 2003

Is there a way to read the contents of a document on another server from a
cgi script on a server that doesn't have the LPW module installed? All the
examples I can find on the web use this module, but our crabby admin won't
install any modules.

On another note, regarding this issue:
<snip>
IE6 seems to have a bug regarding third-party namespace providers.
Some of the types of offending programs may be download managers,
personal security software, ftp clients, popup ad blockers, and so on.
 This fix may disable some functionality in those programs.

To make IE6 display small images again, delete the following registry
keys if they exist:
</snip>
That is not really a solution. It may fix it, but I don't know anybody who
would be willing to do that sort of thing other than people like us. (And
I'm actually one of the unwilling.)

Sadly, the bottom line is that your pre-fixed view through your browser
with all the broken images is what most people are likely to see.

Diane at santabarbarahikes.com