[thelist] Can you open a url with a cgi script?

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 7 08:30:29 CDT 2003

I can't use PHP nor can I recompile or change the server or install
anything like modules or anything other than cgi scripts into the
cgi-bin and html pages into the site files. I'm hoping there is perl
code I could use to open a file on another server, read its contents
and print out to the browser without redirecting to that other server.
Is there anything like that out there?