[thelist] [Security] Any security risks with Low

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 7 12:12:53 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 10:25 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:
Pretty far fetched. The bigger concern is that companies will
accumulate bits and pieces of data about you without your knowledge
and use them to target ads (and possibly spam) at you.

I have to laugh because if that is what companies can do with cookies,
then it is not working. The last time I looked I don't have anything
that needs enhancement *down there*, have no debt problems and don't
have a mortgage in need of refinancing. Being female, I'm probably less
likely to be interested in pictures of naughty college girls, too.

If they could target me with ads I had any interest in that would be
refreshing!