[thelist] re :registrar problems - switching?

Bird bird at koolfish.com
Fri Aug 8 10:37:02 CDT 2003

Should you switch to godaddy?

I have used godaddy for some time with no problems at all, that is until
I physically moved country.

I used to live in Thailand and purchased a whole load of names with
them. Then I moved to Singapore and had trouble renewing. After what
felt like a million emails to support they finally got around to telling
me that Singapore is a blocked country. There is no mention of this at
all on their website that I have been able to find so far.
When my domains expire I now have to go through a whole rigmarole of
contacting their support to confirm that I want to move them to another
registrar.
Even though I have been a loyal customer who has put a lot of business
through them they won't budge on this and told me plainly to move them.

I find it ridiculous that Thailand,( my fav country in the world to live
by the way!) the land of the bribe, fraud and knock off goods is on
their list of permitted countries to deal with but Singapore, one of the
most tightly controlled countries in this universe is blacklisted.
(Maybe the Singaporean government doesn't pay the US enough backhanders
:) )

Its something to consider if your not in the US as they won't tell you
this and they just keep letting you go through the whole process of
setting up an account and declining your card at the last screen with no
reason as to why.

Lisa