[thelist] is this a virus?

Scott Harman scott at enteractiontv.com
Mon Aug 11 17:10:52 CDT 2003

One of the possibilities is overdiligent patching -
one of the more recent patches has caused more than a few url handler
errors.

Also can't overlook the possibility of hardware issues - i.e. your cable
modems or routers causing overflows.

One of the bigger issues in the UK right now is heat - I've had 4 laptops in
my office suddenly go PHUT! rebooting every couple of hours - purely heat in
this case.

Are you running complete memory dumps on failure, checking event logs etc...
The urlmon.dll issue I vaguely pointed to earlier was crashing one of my
home machines constantly - it even caused three or four reboots