[thelist] re: pc trouble

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 18:32:24 CDT 2003

--- Anthony Baratta <Anthony at Baratta.com> wrote:
> At 03:15 PM 8/11/2003, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
>
> >Error:
> >Remote Procedure Call terminated unexpectedly.
> >Initiated by NT / Authority system.
>
> There is a new worm making it's rounds that uses a DCOM exploit
> that is
> part of the RPC functionality. I would scan again with the latest
> viri
> signatures. And read this:

Yep, I have msblast.exe on my system..its a major accomplishment to
even get this email out. I cannot stay on long enough to download the
updates, although I have gotten one or two which don't seem to help.
Will zonealarm help? I installed that and blocked msblast..not sure
if that will do it. Is there anything locally I can do to help this..

this thing is UNbelieveable how it cripples the system. I don't even
know that all the MS updates kill it or not..anyone know?

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.maccaws.com/ :: Group Leader

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward