[thelist] Re: gurix.com

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 11 21:20:41 CDT 2003

re: gurix.com

Small text: I use a Mac, so browsers let me increase the font size. As
my vision is going, I needed to do that on your site. But when I did,
it looked fine and readable and not like I broke anything. So, if you
can somehow allow for people unfortunate enough to use PCs to also
change the font size, then maybe it will be more comfortable on the
eyes for older folks.

I liked the colors. I liked the gray menu at the top. It looked like a
javascript menu but behaved really cool with those wipe effects. Maybe
put a white border on the right edge.

Usually if I want to go back to the home page I click on the logo in
the top left. I got the little hand, so I know the logo is a link, but
I didn't go anywhere. There is no rollover text in the status bar (I
tend to really rely upon that even if that isn't a very common thing to
do), so I didn't know why it didn't work. Thankfully you had the
breadcrumbs.

Not sure the horizontal image below the flash banner area for each
top-level link is necessary. How about changing just the banner image?

It's a pretty site. You fit a lot of content in a small space. I have
never been able to do that well.

Diane