[thelist] The New Worm - need some help to clean it

patrick pms at stoutstreet.com
Mon Aug 11 21:33:35 CDT 2003

tom,
also hunt up the registry:
1) Delete msblast.exe (usually found at: winnt\system32\msblast.exe)
2) delete the Registry key:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\windows
auto update" . That key should contain the "msblast.exe" process, and is
what starts it up again on reboot.

--

patrick sanders
http://www.stoutstreet.com