[thelist] The New Worm - need some help to clean it

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 10:05:23 CDT 2003

--- Michael Pemberton <mpember at mpember.net.au> wrote:

> If your running 2000 or XP, the first step is to reboot into a
> "Safe Mode"
> Command Prompt.  This is where you can rename the msblast.exe.  I
> actually
> just went through this process for the third time friend today.
>
> By renaming it, windows should now be unable to execute it.  My
> extension of choice was .vir for obvious reasons.

Wy Win inexperience is showing but how do I go into 'safe' mode? Just
for future ref for me, I was able to clean my machine but I'd still
like to know...

THanks everyone for all the help. I owe a tip.
Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.maccaws.com/ :: Group Leader

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward