[thelist] javascript for expand/collapse list (aka tree view)

Sarah poohbear at designshift.com
Tue Aug 12 15:19:40 CDT 2003

I am looking for some JavaScript for an expandable/collapsible "tree view"
list (i.e. an unordered list in HTML). It only needs to work in Internet
Explorer 6 and Netscape 6+/Mozilla, as it is for a limited number of people
who all have similar computers. I have a general idea of how this would be
done with JavaScript using the onclick of each <li> and using childNodes
and parentNodes to do the hiding/showing of the list; I just don't want to
spend a whole lot of time trying to "re-invent the wheel". Basically, I
just want to make my client happy by adding this functionality to their
site, so I'm looking for a quick and dirty solution - but with nice clean
code :) So if anyone knows of an existing script which does something like
this, could you please point me to it?

TIA!

Sarah