[thelist] SQL Query Question

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Aug 13 13:52:07 CDT 2003

Eric Schwake <mailto:lombar at yahoo.com>
    on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 10:58 AM said:

> Basically I have a table in my access db called StartDate
> which will be the date a customer started with us.  I
> also have a column called DaysLeft which I hope to be a
> numerical countdown column that will show how many days
> the customer has left before their 90 day tech support is
> over.

Throw away the DaysLeft column and just calculate the days that are left
using the StartDate column.

Or better yet, throw out the DaysLeft column and instead create a column
called EndDate or SubscriptionEndDate. This way you don't need to update
the column everyday and you can easily calculate how many days are left
from within your code when you pull the record.

Does that help, or did I miss your question?

Chris.