[thelist] My first Flash

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Aug 14 01:51:18 CDT 2003

Hiya

I've created my first Flash movie (for my sins .. hey, u gotta give the
client what they want), and it animates in Flash (the application), but I
can't get my exported movie to be animated in the browser (maybe it only
plays/exports the final frame, or maybe it plays so fast I can't see it
fade in (12fps, frames 1-24 should give me a 2s fade-in).

I'm working through the lessons and I've just looked through the manual
but I can't see where I'm going to solve this, and if anyone knows Flash
at all I'm sure they'll be able to fix me up in a jiffy.

The GIF it exports (as a test) is also not animated, so it must be
something I'm doing in Flash. But if I Control>Play it's perfectly
animated.

The Flash is a text fade-in. It's Flash MX. To publish I'm choosing
File>Publish Settings, then the [publish] button.

My actual Flash file is attached, and here's the embedded stuff it creates:

--><OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
WIDTH="350" HEIGHT="40" id="newsflash3" ALIGN="left">
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="newsflash3.swf">
<PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
<PARAM NAME=salign VALUE=LT>
<PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=transparent>
<PARAM NAME=devicefont VALUE=true>
<PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#166993>
<EMBED src="newsflash3.swf" quality=high salign=LT wmode=transparent
devicefont=true bgcolor=#166993  WIDTH="350" HEIGHT="40" NAME="newsflash3"
ALIGN="left" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
</EMBED>
</OBJECT>

All help appreciated