[thelist] software development process...

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 14 09:38:38 CDT 2003

Ken,

What we are/where shooting for, is basically a series of steps to be used as
a guide when developing a project. Kind of a project list if you will. We're
not trying to get into some verbose methodology, etc...

>From our perspective, every software project, goes through specific areas.
In a lot of cases, the developer might not specifically note that he's doing
project requirements analysis, but he still kind of goes through the process
when he starts the project!!

So we're basically looking to create a reasonable functional list of what
people go through when they produce software applications:

Example:
	Identify Project Opportunity
	Get/Identify Requirements
	Build Specification
	Review Specifications prior to coding
	Develop Testing/Begin to Think about testing
	Identify Tools for project
	Think About the End User
	Develop/Save Incremental Versions of the App
	Save All Changes Frequently to Source Repository
	Identify Functions from Specfifcation
	Write Code (make sure code is seriously commented!)
	Test Code
	Save Code
	Repeat untill done/satisfied
	Get Sign Off
	Modify docs to tell what you've done/create/written
	Etc...

Thanks

-Bruce
bedouglas at earthlink.net