[thelist] PHP - While Loop

Ryan Tames rytames at telusplanet.net
Sat Aug 16 11:33:57 CDT 2003

On 16 Aug 2003 at 11:55, Kath wrote:

> Looks like it is not interpreting the PHP correctly

> I have Apache set up, so I'm not using IIS for the PHP environment.
>
> I should mention again that this is not code I wrote.  It is an
> example from the CD that came with the book.  I was wondering if there
> wasn't something wrong with it until I uploaded it to my web space and
> it worked.

Apache, on your system is not interpeting the PHP code.

So you either have to try using:
<?php .. ?> instead of the short hand <? ... ?>

if that does'nt work, you have to check Apaches http.conf
file for extra and erroranous AddType declerations:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

is the only one you need. Also make sure apache is

LoadModule php4_module drive:/path_to_where_/php4apache.dll

and Make sure that the php.ini file is easy to find (I put mine in the
same directory as http.conf).

now, php/apache needs php4ts.dll, I leave that dll in the php directory,
and create a global-enviro to the path search string.

You can either do that as a temporary by creating a batch file
that changes to your work directory, and adds the path.
or add the path through:

right click( My Computer) -> propertires -> Advanced -> Enviroment Variables

choose the system Enviroment,  look for path, choose edit
and add the path to where PHP resides.