[thelist] mozilla questions

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Fri Aug 15 20:45:21 CDT 2003

> I think that it might be wise to keep in mind that the viewing public
> will only use one browser of their choice. The fact that a site looks
> different in different browsers is irrelevent as long as it looks
> acceptable in all of them.

brilliant point, adrian

yeah, every once in a while one of your site visitors will have netscape 4.x
at work, and ie6 at home, and notice the difference, but i will take money
as to which version of your site she thinks is right

as web developers, we do ourselves a disservice by setting out to make them
the same, unless explicitly ordered to do so

> Learn to love the differences

hear, hear

if it's a client, next time try this strategy --

build the site using css and minimal markup

hide whatever you need from older browsers using css filters

present the final site to the client

when client says "but it looks so awful in netscape 4" you say "well i can
fix that, if you'll pay me double"

that puts a stop to that nonsense right there

won't always work, but it's worked once for me already

rudy