[thelist] OT? So, Dogpile goes into reverse

Rob Schumann roblgs at cscoms.com
Mon Aug 18 07:12:25 CDT 2003

Hi,

Anyone know what's up with Dogpile... just tried accessing it from Moz 1.5a MacOSX and got the following:

 > WARNING! Non-Compatible System
 > The Dogpile Toolbar is only compatible with the Microsoft
 > Windows OS and Internet Explorer 5.01 or higher.
 >
 > To download the latest version of Internet Explorer, click
 > here.

Talk about a step backwards, and no apparent alternative for those of us who don't conform!.

I find it rather sad that any site should choose to take this stance in 2003, but when search engines take this route it becomes considerably more worrying. Any idea when it happened.

Regards

Rob