[thelist] OT: 27 Trojans in the in-box today

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Tue Aug 19 14:37:01 CDT 2003

> Has anyone else gotten hammered?

Yes. I have not made the effort to examine the nature of the viruses nor
senders, but beginning yesterday and increasing to a flurry today, I have
been treated to well over 20.

> For PC users who haven't yet tried using Bayesian filtering
> for their spam,
> I would recommend K9.

I personally recommend getting a Yahoo.com address and using that for
potentially-spam-generating purposes. My Yahoo.com address gets on the order
of 100 spam emails a day and I never see them--they go into my Spam folder
automatically. I get a few a day that go into the Inbox.

Hershel