[thelist] photo usage/consent question

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Tue Aug 19 16:37:54 CDT 2003

Message from Bill McBain (8/19/2003 02:08 AM)

>PS. I plan to work here next summer too, and I like my bosses, and so I
>have complied for now, but I just want to know whether legally he or I
>am right.

Hey Bill,

The legalities of this, as Gregory said, can get very hazy regarding who
owns what and what they are and aren't allowed to do with it.

That's not the angle I would look at it from though. I'd ask myself two
questions.
1. Is it really going to hurt or inconvenience me to store these photos in
a private location?
2. Is the good relation with the camp worth sacrificing to keep the photos
public?

Additionally. I'm sure as a camp counsellor you weren't taking voyeuristic
photos of people you don't know. The photos would be of people you know and
interacted with. Ask *them* (or their parents if they're underage) if they
mind you having these photos online. Or some of the photos anyway.

regards.
-marc

PS Gregory, the 6th and 9th photos on your site are really great!

--
Carnival 2003 in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/