[thelist] [JS] Determine Inherited Visibility

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Wed Aug 20 12:49:19 CDT 2003

Is anyone aware of a way to determine if a DOM object is invisible due to
the CSS style of a parent object? The case in question is that I set the
focus to a certain input on a page, but now the parent object (a TD but
that's probably irrelevant) may or may not have a class containing
display:none. The choice of whether or not to use this class is made by the
server when building the page.

Setting the focus to a hidden object generates an error, so I need to
determine whether or not this input is visible. This site only supports IE6,
by the way.

I do have a method to avoid this issue, but I am interested if there is a
more elegant solution.

Thank you,
Hershel