[thelist] Setting up PHP & mySQL

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Aug 20 13:27:10 CDT 2003

Og <mailto:mindmachine at hotmail.com>
    on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 9:39 AM said:

> Now I'm looking for some mySQL
> database admin software.. shareware or freeware is fine.

Doesn't get much better than phpMyAdmin. www.phpmyadmin.net.
Another really good alternative* is MySQL Control Center from the people
at MySQL. www.mysql.com

HTH!
Chris.

* I say "really good alternative" because it can't edit tables like
phpMyAdmin can. In phpMyAdmin you can insert new columns anywhere in the
table. With MySQL Control Center you have to add a column to the very
end of the table. (At least I can't figure it out otherwise.)

Also, MySQL Control Center is a gui for Windows and is much faster than
phpMyAdmin (web based interface).