[thelist] PHP output buffering

Joel Konkle-Parker jjk3 at msstate.edu
Wed Aug 20 22:43:43 CDT 2003

Well, I've researching this output buffering thing a bit more. It seems that
this snippet:

--
ob_start();
require "template.php";

produces no output, as expected. This snippet, however:

--
ob_start();
require "other_script.php";

does produce output. If I'm not mistaken, this can only happen if
other_script.php contains a call to ob_end_flush(). By extension, it seems
correct to say that output buffering functions aren't can cross the boundaries
of an include() statement. Is this not what's happening? If it is, is there a
way to stop it from happening?

I want the output of other_script.php to be complete, but isolated from my
wrapper script. file_get_contents($url) would work exactly the way I want,
except $url depends on POST data that's being sent to my wrapper script.

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster [Ballsome.com]

Phone     [662-518-1636]