[thelist] [ASP] templating system woe's

Stephen Caudill SCaudill at municode.com
Thu Aug 21 16:04:51 CDT 2003

Anthony Baratta on Thursday, August 21, 2003 11:47 AM said:

: Here's a bit of testing info:
<snip type="some cool code" />
: Anthony Baratta
: President
: Keyboard Jockeys
:
: "Conformity is the refuge of the unimaginative."

Anthony,

Since I'm using FSO to extract the data as a string from already
marked up files, this didn't work for me.  Thanks though, I had no
idea that you could execute response.write statements like that;
very cool.

Against my better judgement, I conceded to myself this afternoon
and am currently using FSO to write the data to a temporary file
associated with the users sessionid and then server.execute-ing that
into the file after the template is applied...  I don't like the
idea of it, but it works fine.  I'm stress testing it now.

If anyone has a better idea, I'd LOVE to hear it.

Thanks again,
Stephen