[thelist] mySQL and the phantom database.

Ralph Guzman ralph at nqionline.com
Thu Aug 21 20:49:36 CDT 2003

Paul,

Start by installing phpMyAdmin, a web based utility to manage your mySQL
database:

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/

Then start learning using various resources available. Here are a few to
get started with:

http://www.devarticles.com/cats/18
http://www.devarticles.com/cats/9
http://www.zend.com/developers.php
http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP
http://www.phpcomplete.com/
http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Tips_and_Tutorials/index.html

and don't forget the manuals. Both PHP and MySQL are well documented:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/index.html

Also, if you haven't already sign up for the php general mailing lists:

Ralph