[thelist] regular expressions in homesite or dreamweaver?

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Fri Aug 22 01:23:08 CDT 2003

genyus at ingenyus.net 22/08/2003 16:56:36 suggested:

Search for:
href="#"\sonClick="openPop\('(.*)','display','scrollbars=yes,width=550'\
)"
Replace with: href="$1"
onclick="openPop('$1','display','scrollbars=yes,width=550');return
false;"

HTH,

Thanks Gary,

once I made sure I ticked Regular expressions on !! :-)
this worked, but it replaced the URL with $1  !!

I was using Homesite 4.5. (actually CF Studio 4.5)
Will try with CF5 and various Dreamweaver versions at home,

BTW also, what was the /s for after the first href?
href="#"\sonClick
I had to remove this to get it to work.

Thanks for reminding me about adding return false; as well.

cheers

Dr Stuart Young,       +64 (0)9-815 4321 Ex 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz>
Lecturer, School of Computing and Information Technology,
UNITEC Institute of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand

"Have I lost faith in Microsoft? Yes, completely, I no
longer care or believe any claim or announcement they
make. I am not interested in their latest and greatest
version of anything."