[thelist] grc.com?

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Sat Aug 23 02:17:27 CDT 2003

Wednesday, August 13, 2003, 5:22:06 PM, Dougal wrote:

DC> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Ken Schaefer wrote:

[ snip ]

>> Better places to get security news:
>> www.securityFocus.com (they run the Bugtraq list amongst others)
>> www.cert.org

DC> Some more good security alert bookarks:

DC>   http://www.ciac.org/ciac/
DC>   http://www.trusecure.com/knowledge/hypeorhot/
DC>   http://xforce.iss.net/

I didn't see this site mentioned, so I'll add it here. Good place to
get security advisories for programs.

http://www.secunia.com

I'm subscribed to their Security Advisories list, and every day I'm
getting atleast 3 or 4 emails regarding a lot of software
vulnerabilities.

I'm not familiar with cert, ciac, etc security emails, but what I like
about secunia's is that they include three important things :

CRITICAL : (how critical this security vulnerability is)
IMPACT   : (what it does, etc.)
WHERE    : (where can people use this vulnerability - Local system,
remote, etc.)

I plan to subscribe to the other ones also.

[ snip ]

--
Regards,
Burhan Khalid