[thelist] browser plugin development

John Corry john at neoncowboy.com
Sat Aug 23 14:17:50 CDT 2003

I haven't...

But it wouldn't really be building/implementing 'one'. To be reliable,
it would mean building/implementing one for Windows, Mac, Linux for IE
and NS/Moz at least.

That's building/implementing 6, presumably from one design/architecture.

I noticed you got a URL for the MSDN, here's a link to the NS plugin
development SDK:
www.netscape.com/comprod/development_partners/plugin_api/

Are you sure this would require a browser plug-in? Maybe you could get
by with a Java applet...that would probably be easier to build.

I'm still not sure what you're trying to do...all you've speciifed is
that you want to "capture" (who knows what that means) the sites visited
by the user of  a browser. Each browser has a 'history' feature that
does exactly that. I would guess that the SDKs probably have classes
that allow access to the history in the browser...not that I'd want your
software to have access to *mine*...

Is this spyware?