[thelist] monitoring applications - open source

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 23 15:06:07 CDT 2003

Aredridel,

We would be looking for an app that could support users/browsers on bot
Linux/Windows platforms. We've seen two apps: Canary, and GUrl Watcher as
representative of some of the functionality we're looking for.

We'd like to be able to monitor what the URLs are that the user is looking
at, as well as let the user enable/disable the function when they desire...

We're interested in any "Open Source" solutions to this as we'd like to see
how to write/create these types of apps. The app would be either a
standalone app that runs in the background, or it would (preferably) be some
sort of Browser plugin.

Thanks

-Bruce