[thelist] Web site designs that die of old age

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at frogger.kicks-ass.net
Wed Aug 27 23:53:22 CDT 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Minh Lee Goon wrote:

> How often should a web site be updated? I've read once somewhere that a web
> site should be redesigned every two years or so. Any links to articles would
> be much appreciated. Thanks.

Updated? As often as the information changes.

Redesigned? Anywhere from every few months to every few years or even
never. If your site is done in HTML 3.2 from 1997 then yes it's probably
time to rework it into something more modern. But if it was made two years
ago, with state of the art code for two years ago, you're probably okay
for quite a while.

--
Shawn K. Quinn