[thelist] Watching a domain name for expiry?

S Watson swatson at internavigate.com
Thu Aug 28 12:07:38 CDT 2003

I recently used www.godaddy.com 's option for domain monitoring and purchase
and was successful in picking up a domain name that had lapsed and was
registered through Network Solutions.  US$18.95 - for .com/.net .  I decided
to do this in order to try and pick up a domain that had the US spelling of
a name that a client has a domain with the canadian spelling (i.e. centre
and center).  I was pleasantly surprised with the 3 day turnaround on the
order and don't know if this is often the case.  For that amount it was
worth a shot  :)

hth

Shelley

Wonder if anyone can recommend a service/piece of software to keep on
eye on a domain that I'd like to register, is currently due for expiry,
and currently doesn't go anywhere except one of those search engine
holding pages.

Ideally I'd like it to alert me as soon as the domain in question
becomes available, so I can get in there quickly and register it though
my current ISP.