[thelist] ASP: Allow clients to upload images to server ???

Casey Crookston casey at thecrookstons.com
Fri Aug 29 10:46:41 CDT 2003

Hello list,

I've just completed a tidy little site for a commercial construction company
complete with a db driven portfolio section.  I also built a back end
management section which allows the client to add/manage/delete portfolio
entries themselves.  There is one hang-up:  when it comes to uploading
pictures, they are stuck with having me do it for them.

Assuming they are able to 1) take the pictures 2) convert them to digital
format 3) make them look presentable and 4) size them properly, I'm
wondering what the best way would be to allow them to upload these pictures
by themselves.

The site is developed in ASP and is hosted in IIS (2k v5.0 I believe).  I'd
like to restrict access so that images can only be placed in the correct
folder, and they would need to be able to do it FROM A BROWSER!!!   (I don't
want to have to teach them to use an FTP client.)

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great!!!

Thanks,

Casey