[thelist] ASP: Allow clients to upload images to server ???

Gary McPherson genyus at ingenyus.net
Fri Aug 29 11:52:49 CDT 2003

thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org wrote:
> Hello list,
<snip>
> The site is developed in ASP and is hosted in IIS (2k v5.0 I
> believe).  I'd like to restrict access so that images can only be
> placed in the correct folder, and they would need to be able to do it
> FROM A BROWSER!!!   (I don't want to have to teach them to use an FTP
> client.)
>
> If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great!!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Casey

You could implement an image management system using either an ASP
component, e.g. http://www.aspupload.com or if you don't have direct
access to the server or permission to install components, a custom class
such as found at
http://www.aspemporium.com/aspEmporium/examples/fileupload_class.asp

In either case, you can define the maximum filesize, acceptable
filetypes and more - just read the relevant documentation for further
details.

Hope that helps,

Gary