[thelist] css: so that i can stop searching...

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Aug 29 15:34:20 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Lewis" <nepolon at worlddomination.net>
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 4:12 PM

> Chris W. Parker wrote:
>
> >The problem with all the css I've found so far is that the
> >footer does not go to the bottom of the tallest column, but instead a
> >only a specific column.
> >

> insert a <br clear="all"/> after the 3 columns, before the header.
> Alternatively put a break in the CSS of the footer
> (http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_clear.asp).
>
> --Steve

I have tried a couple of times to build a particular layout, and have given
up a couple times.  All I want is a layout with 3 columns (outside 2 columns
are 120px, the middle column is the remainder), 1em spacing between each,
and a 1px border around each, and 1em padding within each.  All columns
should be the same height and be as tall as the tallest column based on its
content.

Sounds simple, and I'm sure it is... but how does one do this?

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com