[thelist] value attribute size limit?

jeremiah jeremiah at bascue.org
Fri Aug 29 21:58:26 CDT 2003

On Friday, Aug 29, 2003, at 19:35 US/Pacific, rudy wrote:

>> This was the original track taken, but in the end would make up for
>> literally hundreds and hundreds of dynamically written hidden fields.
>> My way breaks it up into only 40 fields (which is still quite a bit).
>> - I just need to know what the limit is.. :)
>
> what kind of web page requires hundreds and hundreds of hidden fields?
>
> just curious

I am too, but I tried to find out for him and was unsuccessful.

Tom,
I have created .NET pages that created 'viewstates' that were up to two
full pages of .NONSENSE in hidden form fields and never experienced any
problems with them on any browsers. I didn't like the look of them
though. ;)

> i mean, i see an elephant walking down my street on twenty-three legs,
> i'm
> gonna want a closer look

Not me. I'm outta there!

hope this helps.